Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Enrollment: New Students Skip to main content

Enrollment Documents

Supplemental Forms

Enrollment: New Students


students reading together

Your student is considered a "new" student for 2021-22 if:

  • They were not enrolled in an LESD school during the 2020-21 school year


  • They are transitioning from preschool to kindergarten

If your student is currently enrolled in an LESD school, visit the Enrollment Info for Returning Students page

If your student is too young to qualify for Transitional Kindergarten, they may qualify for State Preschool.

See age requirements for all early education programs here. 

We welcome all new students. In order to enroll your child, you must have the following documents:

For Transitional Kinder (TK) and Kinder students you will also need:

The Lawndale Elementary School District enrolls students whose parent or legal guardian resides within school district boundaries (Education Code 48200). Residence verification is a parent responsibility and falsification of information will be grounds for immediate cancellation of enrollment.

To verify residence, two of the following documents must be presented. All documents must show the name and address of the parent or legal guardian residing within the school district (Education Code 48204.1).

  • Utility Bill (must be dated within 60 days).  If you have recently moved you can request a “Verification Letter of Service” from the utility company.
    • Electric  
    • Gas
    • Water
    • Trash
    • Home Phone (landline only)
  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Rental property contract, Lease or Mortgage statement
  • Pay stubs
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency (DMV, IRS, Medi-Cal, WIC, SS, US Postal Service etc.)

If you only provide one of the documents listed above you must complete and sign an Affidavit of residency

You must also submit an Affidavit of Residency if you only have the following proofs with parent or legal guardian’s address within the school district:

  • Driver’s License
  • Bank statement
  • Automobile statement or insurance
  • Cable/Internet
  • Cell phone bill

If the parent or legal guardian is unable to provide any of the above mentioned proofs of residence or have any questions please speak to the Office Manager.   

*hablan español

Addams Middle School

Norma Garcia *

ext. 51204

Anderson Elementary

Gloria Richmond *

ext. 52204

FDR Elementary

Alex Quinonez *

ext. 57204

Martha Williams *

ext. 57205

Green Elementary

Nathalie Najera *

ext. 54204

Mitchell Elementary

Lety Arevalo *

ext. 55204

Rogers Middle School

Donna Cola

ext. 56204

Esperanza Oregel *

ext. 56206

Smith Elementary

Roxane Cain

ext. 58204

Roxanne Blua *

ext. 58205

Twain Elementary

Lisa Jarvis

ext. 59204

Gricelda Yepez *

ext. 59205

Where is my home school?

What is a Home Language Survey?

It is extremely important that all new families fill out the Home Language Survey so that we can identify students who may need English language support programs and services.

Please contact your school's Office Manager to find out if you should complete this survey.