The mission of the LESD Purchasing Department is to facilitate best practices in the procurement of goods and services necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the District. It is our goal to conduct business with the highest level of customer service, ethical standards, fairness, and transparency, while welcoming qualified, diverse, and responsible vendors.
The following values are essential to the LESD Purchasing Department and to our business partners:
- Excellence in customer care
- Providing accurate and timely information
- Building effective partnerships
- Innovation in developing and providing successful solutions
- Ensuring that procurement of all goods and services represents the best value, quality, and service
It is our goal to provide our current and prospective business partners a user-friendly website to easily access established purchasing forms, policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
1. DEFINITIONS – The Lawndale Elementary School District shall be herein after referred to as the District and the Vendor shall be hereinafter referred to as Supplier.
2. LIMITATION OF PAYMENTS – Prices and amounts shown herein are the maximum amounts authorized for payment under this order (excluding any handling/delivery charges unless specified herein).
3. PAYMENT TERMS – Net-30 days.
4. INVOICES – Separate invoices are required for each purchase order. Invoices shall be submitted in triplicate, unless otherwise specified, and shall contain the following information: purchase order number, item number, item description, quantity, unit price and extended totals for items delivered. Sales tax, where applicable, shall be shown separately. Handling/delivery charges shall be identified In accordance with General Provision #6. Failure to enter the above information on the invoice shall cause a delay in payment.
5. VARIATION IN QUANTITY – No variation in the quantity of any item called for by this order shall be accepted, unless agreed to and specified elsewhere in this order.
6. DISCOUNTS – In connection with any discount offered, the discount period shall begin on the Date of delivery and acceptance at destination, and/or the date the correct invoice is received in the Accounts Payable office, and/or on the date that final approval for payment is authorized if an adjustment in payment is necessary due to damage, whichever is later. Payment is deemed to be made for the purpose of earning the discount on the date of mailing of thewarrant.
7. SHIPPING – Unless otherwise specified, all goods are to be shipped prepaid, F.O.B. destination. Where specific authorization is granted to ship goods F.O.B. shipping point, the supplier shall prepay all shipping charges, route goods by the cheapest way (unless authorized to ship by other means), and bill the District for the actual handling/delivery charges paid. Invoice containing handling/delivery charges shall include either the original or a copy of the prepaid bill of lading. Claims for handling/delivery charges which are not properly supported will not be paid. This does not apply to U.S. Mail or U.P.Scharges.
8. INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE – Inspection and acceptance will be at destination, unless otherwise provided. Regardless of the F.O.B. point, the Supplier agrees to bear all risk of loss, injury, or destruction of goods and materials ordered herein which occur prior to delivery; and such loss, injury, or destruction shall not release the Supplier from an obligation hereunder.
9. PACKAGING – All items shall be prepared and packed for shipment in a manner that will prevent damage in transit. The District is not liable for extra charges for packing or cartage unless specified elsewhere in this order. Supplier shall mark the purchase order number on each container.
10. CAL-OSHA – The Supplier certifies, by shipment, that all equipment furnished under this order meets or exceeds applicable CAL-OSHA codes. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) need to accompany all applicable chemicals.
11. WARRANTY – The Supplier agrees that all supplies, equipment, or services furnished under this order shall be covered by the most favorable commercial warranties the Supplier provides any customer for such supplies, equipment, or service, and that the rights and remedies provided therein are in addition to and do not limit any rights afforded to the District by any other provision of this order.